For nine years, Han Fook Kwang was the top editor of The Straits Times – Singapore’s leading newspaper, regarded as one of the most complete English-language newspapers in Asia. Mr. Han is now an executive with Singapore Press Holdings, the giant parent corporation of The Straits Times. He joined the paper in 1989 as its [...]
Journalism students at Northwestern University, Qatar, have created a website to combat the alarming rate of obesity plaguing the country, as well as the rest of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The website, Sweet Epidemic (http://qatarsweetepidemic.org), aims to raise awareness of the cause of obesity, using a mix of media tools such as video documentaries, [...]
WE ASK/THEY ANSWER: ‘THE GREAT (AND NOT SO GREAT) OF THE MEDIA OF THE ASIA PACIFIC’ An Exclusive Interview with Celebrated Career Editor David Armstrong
I was recently given the opportunity to interview longtime journalist and editor David Armstrong. The course of his career has led him to traverse the Asian landscape, from Australia, to Hong Kong, and currently to Thailand. Among his many prominent posts, he has been Editor-in-Chief of both The Australian and The South China Morning Post. [...]
WE ASK/THEY ANSWER: ‘JOURNALISM IS A FABULOUS PROFESSION’ An Exclusive interview with Financial Times Asia Editor and Columnist David Pilling
“Journalism is about finding out things and then telling the audience what you have learnt – it doesn’t really matter whether it is about the human genome or the Chinese shadow banking system. Once you find out what is interesting about a subject, the rest is easy.” Asia Media discovered many facets of journalism from [...]
Professor Tom Plate meets with South-South News
Staff Writer Lauren Chen Reflects on the Death of a Journalist
Tom Plate Column
The latest syndicated column from Asia Media Founder Tom Plate: When Thatcher Had to Bow Down to the Asian Century - and the Rise of China "The West needs to bear in mind that the end of history did not occur with the fall of the Berlin Wall. The rise of China and Asia shows history still churning and turning." (Tom Plate column continued: More
Asia Media Staff
- Kiara Bramasco
- Brian Canave
- Gabriella Castro
- Lauren Chen
- Yvonne Epps
- Jeremiah Fajardo
- Lailanie Gadia
- Jessica Gadomski
- Stephanie Garcia
- Alexandre Guiraud-Cointreau
- Holli Knight
- Cory Lai
- Eric Joseph De Lara
- Ryan Lippert
- Lani Luo
- Patricia Martin
- Marlena Nip
- Latifah RahmDel
- Nicole Saba
- Selina Swatek
- Lexie Tucker
Special Assistant to the Editor in Chief
Editor in Chief and Founder:
- THE SEMESTER ENDS, BUT THE MAGAZINE KEEPS ON GOING
- GOODBYE TO THE ASIA MEDIA CLASS OF ’13!
- PHILIPPINES: Getting Away with Media Manslaughter
- PAKISTAN: List of Truth or Defamation?
- NORTH KOREA: American Tried for Treason
- PAKISTAN: 2013 Elections Tainted by Violence
- MALAYSIA: Elections Up In Flames!
- JAPAN: From Shrines to Tanks, Abe’s Cabinet Faces Criticism
- TAIWAN: Two Way Street for Television in China and Taiwan
- LAOS: Worries for Laos
- CHINA: The Creation of an Internet Security Powerhouse
- SINGAPORE: Can’t Take a Joke?
- MYANMAR: Entering a Dangerous Period?
- BANGLADESH: Collapsing Disaster in Booming Garment Industry
- LEBANON: Who Are They Punishing?