“Illicit” and “smuggled” are two words that could easily describe goods making their way into North Korea. Many products, such as low-cost TVs, DVD players, and other equipment, are being smuggled into North Korea from China. A recent, excellent U.S. State Department-commissioned study, “A Quiet Opening: North Koreans in a Changing Media Environment,” reveals just how much information North [...]
Tag Archives | State Department
Professor Tom Plate meets with South-South News
Staff Writer Lauren Chen Reflects on the Death of a Journalist
Tom Plate Column
The latest syndicated column from Asia Media Founder Tom Plate: When Thatcher Had to Bow Down to the Asian Century - and the Rise of China "The West needs to bear in mind that the end of history did not occur with the fall of the Berlin Wall. The rise of China and Asia shows history still churning and turning." (Tom Plate column continued: More
Asia Media Staff
- Kiara Bramasco
- Brian Canave
- Gabriella Castro
- Lauren Chen
- Yvonne Epps
- Jeremiah Fajardo
- Lailanie Gadia
- Jessica Gadomski
- Stephanie Garcia
- Alexandre Guiraud-Cointreau
- Holli Knight
- Cory Lai
- Eric Joseph De Lara
- Ryan Lippert
- Lani Luo
- Patricia Martin
- Marlena Nip
- Latifah RahmDel
- Nicole Saba
- Selina Swatek
- Lexie Tucker
Special Assistant to the Editor in Chief
Editor in Chief and Founder:
- THE SEMESTER ENDS, BUT THE MAGAZINE KEEPS ON GOING
- GOODBYE TO THE ASIA MEDIA CLASS OF ’13!
- PHILIPPINES: Getting Away with Media Manslaughter
- PAKISTAN: List of Truth or Defamation?
- NORTH KOREA: American Tried for Treason
- PAKISTAN: 2013 Elections Tainted by Violence
- MALAYSIA: Elections Up In Flames!
- JAPAN: From Shrines to Tanks, Abe’s Cabinet Faces Criticism
- TAIWAN: Two Way Street for Television in China and Taiwan
- LAOS: Worries for Laos
- CHINA: The Creation of an Internet Security Powerhouse
- SINGAPORE: Can’t Take a Joke?
- MYANMAR: Entering a Dangerous Period?
- BANGLADESH: Collapsing Disaster in Booming Garment Industry
- LEBANON: Who Are They Punishing?