EXCLUSIVE TO KHALEEJ TIMES It was quite the educational experience. On an early June afternoon in Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak al Nahayan sat down with a few students in the spacious Majlis room of his palace in Abu Dhabi. The lucky but nervous young women were enrolled at United Arab Emirates University, where the three [...]
UNPRECEDENTED INTERVIEW BY UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WITH H.E. SHEIKH NAHAYAN MABARAK AL NAHAYAN
The world’s largest book entitled “This is Mohammad” (Peace Be Upon Him) written by Dr. Abdullah Abdul Aziz Al Musleh, the Secretary General of the Commission on Scientific Signs in the Quran and Sunnah in Riyadh, is set to hit the bookstores in late February in Dubai, as reported by the Khaleej Times and the Sultan [...]
Why would UNESCO’s participation in the Sharjah International Book Fair make the headlines of one of the leading English Dailies of UAE and the Gulf States- The Khaleej News? On October 31st, UNESCO, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization, granted Palestine’s bid for full membership in the organization. In response, by the U.S., as expected, announced cutbacks UNESCO funding, leaving the organization short $65 million USD for the end of the year budget…
Professor Tom Plate meets with South-South News
Staff Writer Lauren Chen Reflects on the Death of a Journalist
Tom Plate Column
The latest syndicated column from Asia Media Founder Tom Plate: When Thatcher Had to Bow Down to the Asian Century - and the Rise of China "The West needs to bear in mind that the end of history did not occur with the fall of the Berlin Wall. The rise of China and Asia shows history still churning and turning." (Tom Plate column continued: More
Asia Media Staff
- Kiara Bramasco
- Brian Canave
- Gabriella Castro
- Lauren Chen
- Yvonne Epps
- Jeremiah Fajardo
- Lailanie Gadia
- Jessica Gadomski
- Stephanie Garcia
- Alexandre Guiraud-Cointreau
- Holli Knight
- Cory Lai
- Eric Joseph De Lara
- Ryan Lippert
- Lani Luo
- Patricia Martin
- Marlena Nip
- Latifah RahmDel
- Nicole Saba
- Selina Swatek
- Lexie Tucker
Special Assistant to the Editor in Chief
Editor in Chief and Founder:
- THE SEMESTER ENDS, BUT THE MAGAZINE KEEPS ON GOING
- GOODBYE TO THE ASIA MEDIA CLASS OF ’13!
- PHILIPPINES: Getting Away with Media Manslaughter
- PAKISTAN: List of Truth or Defamation?
- NORTH KOREA: American Tried for Treason
- PAKISTAN: 2013 Elections Tainted by Violence
- MALAYSIA: Elections Up In Flames!
- JAPAN: From Shrines to Tanks, Abe’s Cabinet Faces Criticism
- TAIWAN: Two Way Street for Television in China and Taiwan
- LAOS: Worries for Laos
- CHINA: The Creation of an Internet Security Powerhouse
- SINGAPORE: Can’t Take a Joke?
- MYANMAR: Entering a Dangerous Period?
- BANGLADESH: Collapsing Disaster in Booming Garment Industry
- LEBANON: Who Are They Punishing?