Archive | November, 2015

Christmas Tree Lighting

Join in the Holiday Spirit!

LMU has a long history of getting into the holiday spirit! We would like to invite you and your family to campus to partake in some of our favorite holiday traditions. LMU Men’s Basketball 5th Annual Holiday Classic Wednesday, November 25 | 6:00pm Loyola Marymount University Athletics will host its 5th Annual Holiday Classic Game […]

Continue Reading
RHA

Student Organization Seeks to Connect with the Community

La Tijera Street Clean Up. Westchester Senior Citizen Tea. Dockweiler Beach Clean Up. These are just a few of the ways LMU’s Residential Housing Association (RHA) is making a difference in Westchester through its renewed focus on serving the local community. Sophomore, Business major and RHA President, Hayden Tanabe explains, “LMU students strive to be […]

Continue Reading
_MG_0142

Win a Bag of Holiday Swag!

To help jump start your holiday shopping, we will be giving away a holiday-themed bag of swag to one of our lucky readers. The instructions are simple: Read through this edition of the community newsletter and identify the secret word. (Don’t worry, it will be made obvious). Send an email to community@lmu.edu with the secret […]

Continue Reading
Community Relations Staff headshots

Message from Grace

Dear Neighbor, ‘Tis the season to pause and give thanks for the many blessings in our lives, be they good friends and family, or having a roof over our heads and food on the table.  This is also a season to be mindful of those who may be going through a difficult time, and to […]

Continue Reading
LMU-Day-Discovery 5

Day of Discovery Takes Off at LMU

Saturday, November 7th marked the inaugural Day of Discovery at LMU. After months of coordination between LMU and LAX Community Relations, the event welcomed more than 400 local residents and students to campus to learn about the aerospace and aviation industries through various exhibits and a talk by hometown hero and astronaut, General Kevin P. […]

Continue Reading
Headshot ugonma

Featured Student Columnist: Ugonma Kwankwo

As I leave the LMU campus, I experience a rush of emotions as I stroll down Loyola Boulevard towards Manchester to pick up a few items from Ralphs. I feel safe, happy, grateful, and most of all, proud to have had the opportunity to receive my college education for the past three years in such […]

Continue Reading